Mango is running a Mango app special where you could buy airline tickets for as less as R1. The special is to celebrate the launch of the official Windows 8.1 Mango app that people can use to book flights.
RELATED: Cell C Kills Off Red Bull Mobile
The new Mango app can be downloaded in all app stores for Android, BlackBerry, Apple and now Windows 8.1 devices. It is specifically with the release of the Windows 8.1 version of the app that Mango decided to run this special. Mango spokesperson, Hein Kaiser stated that with the release of the Windows 8.1 app Mango has “come full circle in terms of major mobile platform availability“. So if you’ve downloaded the new Mango app on your Windows 8.1 device you will be able to reap the benefits of this awesome special.
Mango has been an innovator in the airline retail market by providing retail flight services through supermarkets like Shoprite and is the only airline in the world that accepts store cards (Jet and Edgars) through its online and app services. The airline also claims that it is the first African airline to offer a mobi-site and apps that allows passengers to book, pay and manage their flights on-the-go. The airline further claims that more than 500 000 people have downloaded the Mango app across the different app stores.
How It Works
The first step is to download the Mango app on your Windows 8.1 device.
The special will be running until the end of June 2015 and the trip needs to be booked the end of May and taken before the end of June. The R1 price tag only applies to your actual airline tickets and excludes airport taxes.
It also only applies to domestic South African flights and only applies to one-way trips. Which means that you can’t purchase international tickets and you will pay the normal price for your return ticket. Also, it only applies to qualifying flights through the app, which means you might not be able to get the exact time or date if you want to benefit from the special. The seats are also only available on a first-come-first-serve basis and there are only 10 000 seats available for selected flights.
You are also only able to make individual bookings as the special excludes group bookings and applies across all age groups (adult, child and infant).
- 10 000 seats available on selected flights on a first come, first served basis;
- No group bookings available on promotional fares;
- Refunds on promotional fares must be requested in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Special events, long weekends (Fridays and return Sundays) and peak flights are excluded;
- Download and book via Mango Windows 8.1 application;
- Not available through Call Centre, Website or any other channel;
- Selling period: 1 May – 31 May 2015;
- Travel period: 1 May – 30 Jun 2015;
- Return bookings only of which only 1 sector can be R1.00. No combination of any other promotional fare, 2nd sector will be on published fare;
- Same rule will apply when booking Adult, Child or Infant;
- R1.00 Base fare only excluding any taxes. Normal taxes will apply on all R1.00 bookings;
- Mango normal name & booking change fees will apply;
- Subject to Mango’s Terms and Conditions.