In Bungie’s weekly update, they highlighted the content and features that Destiny will be receiving when the latest expansion, Destiny: The Taken King, releases on 15 September. They mentioned that the content that is listed will be coming to all platforms including PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360.
The weekly update titled “What’s in the box?” included the following content:
- New story missions and an array of sidequests that conspire to tell the story of our battle to defend our Solar System against Oryx and his Taken army
- New narrative driven by cinematic cutscenes starring an engaging cast of characters
- New Exotic Weapons, Exotic Armor, and Exotic Questlines
- The Dreadnaught, a full new destination, with unique secrets, rituals, and treasures to uncover
- A new breed of enemy combatants, The Taken, armed with new abilities and weapons
- An increased Level Cap, and new ways for your Guardian to grow more powerful
- The most substantial injection of new, unique, and redesigned weapons, armor, and talents to date
- New subclasses with all new Supers and abilities
- New cooperative Strikes with unique and dynamic new Boss battles
- Redesigned and reimagined Strikes – Dust Palace, Undying Mind, and Cerberus Vae III – are now overrun by the Taken
- New Crucible multiplayer maps with new Crucible modes, including the previously revealed Rift and Mayhem
- And, of course, last but not least, our biggest six-player Raid yet
Bungie also commented on the weeks to come, stating that they will focus on gameplay topics that players have been asking about. Weapons balancing, economy improvements, bounties etc.
There is still some time before Destiny’s biggest expansion yet, I personally cannot wait to take down Oryx.