The much-anticipated sequel to the 2013 hit is done and dusted and on its way to disc printing and mass production. Along with this news we also have to share the season pass details that have been revealed for the game.
According to the Xbox Live Marketplace, the Season Pass will have 3 major releases:
- Endurance Mode – Survive Extreme Conditions
- Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch – A new tomb that houses ancient terror
- Cold Darkness Awakened – Combat waves of infected predators
Other content was also revealed and will be released in a “steady stream”. This content includes outfits, weapons, and Expedition Cards. This will begin on day one and continue for 4 months after release. Game modes were also revealed:
- Chapter Replay: Replay earlier chapters of the story. Complete challenges to earn credits.
- Chapter Replay Elite: Replay earlier chapters of the story with your upgraded skills and equipment and complete challenges to earn credits.
- Score Attack: Replay levels from the game with a new set of rules. Finish the level quickly for a time bonus. Chain together attacks, movements and collectibles to keep your multiplier high. Complete challenges and collect medals to earn credits.
- Remnant Resistance: Replay Hub spaces with a new set of goals. Craft your own missions by choosing the objectives, enemies and more. Once you’ve mastered the mission, challenge friends and the community to beat your high score or play other custom missions created by the community.
As for these Expedition Cards which all impact these extra game modes listed above, you will need to purchase these through the in-game store using credits. These cards include a Big Head Mode and other challenges that either add humour to the modes or an extra challenge.
We spent some time with the game and we cannot wait to get our hands on the final release. Lara is back and bigger than ever. Rise of the Tomb Raider is set for release on 10 November 2015 on Xbox One, and Xbox 360.