We all love free things, and a free Apple Watch would be the icing on the cake, well the cake of fitness that is. Discovery has partnered with iStore to provide members who want to get fit, with a free Apple Watch.
How It Works
Firstly, you need to be a member of Discovery Active Rewards, and secondly be on a mission to get fit.
The program works over a 24-month period in which each week you will be given a certain amount of goals to reach in terms of your fitness tracker. You will then need to reach these goals by measuring your daily activity. This all gets tracked using the Discovery app.
If you manage to reach all 4 goals in a month, then your monthly repayment of the watch is free, if not then you will pay a certain amount on the watch depending on how many goals you’ve reached that month.
The watch pricing is based on the basic Apple Watch which retails for R5 899. Repayments on this watch are R245.79 a month. Fail to reach 2 of the 4 goals and you will be debited R184.34, if you just sit around the whole month, then you will have to pay the full R245.79.
You can get a more expensive Apple Watch, but you will need to pay the difference in price at an iStore.
- You need to have Vitality Active Rewards active.
- Pay a non-refundable activation fee of R350 with your Discovery Card.
- You can buy one Apple Watch per Vitality policy in a 24-month period.
- Applicable to Apple Watch Sport 38mm. You can select a different model by paying the difference upfront at the iStore. The Apple Watch is earned over a 24-month period.
- You require a Discovery Gold Card or higher with a straight limit of at least R10 000 and an available balance of at least R600.
- iPhone 5 or later is required to use Apple Watch.
- Apple is not a participant in or sponsor of Vitality Active Rewards.
We think that this is a great way to get people fit. All you need to do is work your butt off, literally, and the Apple Watch is yours.
Check out the Terms and Conditions here.