The BrydgeAir keyboard is a beautiful, yet easy-to-use and setup keyboard for your iPad Air 1 or iPad Air 2.
One of the things that might put you off tech is that it’s too complicated, but not the BrydgeAir. It is extremely easy to setup and to start using as soon as possible:
iPad Air 1
The first thing you need to know is that the keyboard is shipped ready-to-use for the iPad Air 2. If you have an iPad Air 1 then you need to make one change before you can connect the keyboard to your iPad. You need to change the silicone shims on your keybaord to increase the thickness to ensure your iPad Air 1 is held securely.
- Remove the silicone shims by pulling them carefully from the keyboard.
- Take the extra silicone shims you received in the box, place them into the right and left hinges and remove the tape.
- Unfold the hinges into a vertical position
- You can now push your iPad Air 1 into the hinges with the home button on the right-hand side to fit securely.
iPad Air 2
As the product ships ready for iPad Air 2 you don’t need to follow the extra step above. All you need to do is push your iPad Air 2 into the hinges of your new keyboard and ensure it sits securely, with the home button on the right-hand side.
Once you’ve secured your keyboard to your iPad Air 1 or iPad Air 2 you have to pair it if you’re using it for the first time.
- Turn the keyboard’s power on (slide to right).
- Make sure your iPad’s Bluetooth is turned on.
- Press and hold the pairing button for 2 seconds until a blue light appears on the keyboard.
- Select BrydgeAir Keyboard under Bluetooth devices on your iPad Air 1 or iPad Air 2.
How To Use The Speaker
The BrydgeAir comes with an awesome speaker that produces pretty cool sound quality.
Here’s how to turn it on and off:
- On: Press and hold die speaker button for 2 seconds until you hear a 4-tone beep.
- Off: Press and hold die speaker button for 4 seconds
Here’s how to pair the speaker with your iPad Air 1 or iPad Air 2 when you’re using it for the first time:
- Ensure the keyboard is turned on.
- Ensure your iPad’s Bluetooth is turned on.
- Press and hold the speaker button for 4 seconds until you hear a 4-tone beep, followed by a short 2-tone beep.
- Choose BrydgeAir Sound under Bluetooth devices on your iPad Air.
- A single beep confirms pairing.
Taking Care Of The Battery
The battery indicator is located on the right-hand side of the keyboard and is also the backslash key.
Here are the important colours to remember for your batter indicator:
- Flashing Blue: Low Battery (and on startup / pairing)
- Solid Red: Charging
- No Light: Fully Charged