There are tons of Pokémon GO myths that have taking over the internet in the past few weeks. Some of these are great, while others need some clarification. We have all the things you need to know about Pokémon GO that you have been asking yourself for weeks, all in one place.
- The Trainer Level Cap is 40, this means that after level 40 you will not level up anymore until the level cap is increased. This increase could possibly coincide with the release of the second generation of Pokémon into the game.
Mewtwo, Zapdos, Articuno and Moltres are in the game’s code and they aren’t merely Pokémon GO myths.
- Pokémon get harder to capture as you level up. This means that those Zubats which you caught using one ball, will be harder and harder to catch as you gain levels. We wished that this was just another one of the Pokémon GO myths, but we guess it can’t be too easy.
- There will be new Incubators in the game soon that will drop an eggs required distance by a specific amount. Example, a 10km egg placed in this new incubator, will drop its requirement to 7km.
- Throwing PokéBalls and achieving a “Great, Nice, Awesome” or even throwing a Curved Ball, do help your chances of capturing a Pokémon. There were Pokémon GO myths flying around that captures were just random, but according to the code of the mobile game, these proved to be false.
- There is an achievement/badge rank above gold.
Wild Pokémon cap at Level 30. This means that any Pokémon you find past Level 30, will have a set CP. You will then need to use Stardust and other items to make your Pokémon stronger.
- Egg’s cap at Level 20, so if you get an Egg at Level 37 it’ll still hatch at the same quality as if you were Level 20.
- There is specific region locked Pokémon which can only be caught in specific countries. This however means that in order for you to get them, you will need to hatch them from an egg:
- Tauros is exclusive to America
- Kangaskhan is exclusive to Australasia
- Mr. Mime is exclusive to Europe
- Farfetch’d is exclusive to Asia
- No one has found Ditto yet
- Your Eevee move set does not predict what evolution it will evolve into. Rather naming it Sparky – Jolteon, Rainer – Vaporeon, or Pyro – Flareon, will guarantee an evolution
- One of the biggest Pokémon GO myths going around is that you can pick up PokéBalls that get dropped when you miss a Pokémon. Unfortunately, you CANNOT pick up Poke Balls after you have thrown them.
- There is a Master Ball in the game, but no one has found it yet.
So there you have some of the biggest Pokémon GO myths debunked. We can expect for more of these to pop up as the game gets older and more content is released for it, but for now, we are happy some of these have been clarified. Visit our Pokémon GO hub for all your Pokémon GO content.