The day has come, Super Mario Run is out on iOS today. The game sees you run across infinite worlds as Mario as you jump, dash, climb, and dodge enemies. The game is played with one hand, so you can just hold your iPhone and tap to make Mario jump and navigate through the courses. Everyone can play Super Mario Run for free at first, and here is how.
Super Mario Run is free to play for a short time in the game, after a few stages, the game will ask that you purchase the full game for a once-off fee of R149. After which, the game will be completely playable without the need to ever purchase any in-app purchases.
There are various modes in the game that offer different ways to play:
- Run and jump with style to rescue Princess Peach from Bowser’s clutches!
- Travel through plains, caverns, haunted houses, airships, castles, and more…
- Clear 6 worlds filled with 24 brand-new courses designed for one-handed play!
- Show off Mario’s stylish moves, compete against your friends and challenge people from all over the world.
- A challenge mode where the competition differs each time you play.
- Compete against the stylish moves of other players for the highest score as you gather coins and get cheered on by a crowd of Toads. If you’re impressive enough, the Toads may even come live in your kingdom.
- You can also perform stylish moves to fill up your gauge and launch into Coin Rush!
*In order to play Toad Rally, you will need Rally Tickets that you can acquire in a variety of ways, such as clearing worlds or through bonus games in your kingdom.
- Gather coins and Toads to build your very own kingdom.
- Create your unique kingdom with buildings and decorations that you acquire with the help of Toads gathered in Toad Rally.
Nintendo plans on further growing the game with future updates and tweaks. We could possibly also see event-themed content coming to the title sometime next year. So what are you waiting for? Head over to the App Store and get that game downloaded.