Now that Pokemon GO Gen 2 is finally here, we have put together a guide on how to get the most out of the game and its awesome new features. Take a look at some tips below on egg hatching, new evolution items, and how to quickly get new Pokemon without even leaving the house.
RELATED: All The New Pokemon In Pokemon GO
Umbreon And Espeon
Just like the past generation, Pokemon GO Gen 2 also has more than one Eeevee evolution that you can easily get. We know you probably have a dozen Eevees, so take your two highest CP ones and rename them to evolve them into Umbreon, and Espeon. All you need to do is name Eevee to Sakura for Espeon, and Tamao for Umbreon, then hit evolve. Remember, this only works for the first time, so renaming them again will not result in a specific result.
Hatching Eggs In Pokemon GO Gen 2
Like the first generation, the Pokemon GO Gen 2 Pokemon can be hatched from eggs too, but the result all depends on the size of the egg. 2KM, 5KM, and 10Km eggs all have different Pokemon inside, so take a look at what you can find in which eggs.
- 10km Eggs: Larvitar, Mareep, Pineco, Militank, Sudowoodo, Gligar, Skarmory, Mantine.
- 5km Eggs: Phanpy, Wooper, Natu, Tyrogue, Smoochum, Magby, Elekid, Sneasel, Girafarig, Stantler, Wobbuffet, Dunsparce, Yanma, Shuckle, Qwilfish.
- 2km Eggs: Chikorita, Totodile, Cyndaquil, Ledyba, Remoraid, Slugma, Togepi, Igglybuff, Cleffa, Pichu Misdreavus, Aipom.
Remember that you can also still get Gen 1 Pokémon from eggs, so don’t get your hopes up too quickly that you will always be welcomed with a new Pokémon.
Quick And Easy Pokemon
If you have some Pokemon from the last generation, chances are they have evolves that were only introduced in the new set of Pokemon. Golbat is one of these for example. It’s Pokemon Gen 2 evolution is Crobat. Below is a list of Pokemon that have been around since Gen 1, that can now evolve in Pokemon GO Gen 2. Keep in mind that most of these need extremely rare evolution items that can be found at Pokestops, so let’s hope you get them the next time you visit one.
- Slowpoke into Slowking – Obtain a King’s Rock item from a Pokestop + 50 candy.
- Onix into Steelix – Obtain a Metal Coat item from a Pokestop + 50 candy.
- Golbat into Crobat – Can evolve with just 5o candy.
- Gloom into Bellossom – Obtain a Sun Stone item from a Pokestop + 100 candy.
- Chansey into Blissey – Can evolve with just 50 candy.
- Poliwhirl into Politoed – Obtain a King’s Rock item from a Pokestop + 100 candy.
- Seadra into Kingdra – Obtain a Dragon Scale item from a Pokestop + 100 candy.
- Scyther into Scizor – Obtain a Metal Coat item from a Pokestop + 50 candy.
- Porygon into Porygon 2 – Obtain a Up-Grade item from a Pokestop + 50 candy.
There are two new berries that were introduced in Pokemon GO Gen 2. These berries will help you catch those tough Pokemon. The Nanab Berry helps by slowing down the Pokemon’s movement speed, so those Pokemon who are fast like the Ledyba, will be easier to catch. As for the Pinab Berry, it helps if you are low on a specific Pokemon’s candy. Using this Berry in an encounter, will grant you extra candy if you catch that Pokemon.
So there you have a few tips to getting the most out of your early Pokemon GO Gen 2 hours.
Check out our Pokemon GO hub for other useful tips and tricks.