While Apple has an awesome App Store filled with cool games, sometimes we just want to play Pokemon Ruby or Super Mario Bros on your iPhone. Well for those a bit more tech savvy, we have a guide how you can install and play classic games like Game Boy Advanced games on your iPhone.
This method follows the same route we once used to download apps without an Apple ID, but we will go through the process again just in case.
Step 1: Download iOSEmu
- Visit iosem.us from your iPhone;
- Choose an icon and install the app;
- Verify the permissions by heading to Settings>General>Profiles and Management>iOSEmu>Verify;
- Once that is done, you will be able to open the app on the homepage and download your classic games emulator.
Step 2: Download Your Emulator And Classic Games
- Open iOSEmu and tap on Install;
- Scroll down and look for GRA4IOS 2.1 – tap on it;
- This will open up your web browser, simply tap on the Get button to download the app.
- Repeat the instructions you performed to verify the app Settings>General>Profiles and Management>Mo Glory Limited>Verify;
- You will now be able to open the GBA emulator on your home screen.
Step 3: Get Some Classic Games
- You will need to download classic games to play on the emulator now, and the best thing about this new app is that you can import them directly off the web browser;
- Head to loveroms.com and search for the Game Boy Advanced game you want to play, we chose the most obvious one – Pokemon Fire Red;
- Tap download now, then start downloading. Make sure you then click on the Click Here link before it goes away.
- The rom will now be available to download, and in order to import the rom you will need to click on more, and choose Import with GBA4iOS.
- The rom will now download and copy directly into the emulator.
- Tap on it and it will start playing.
- You can also search for other classic games and download them the same way too.
- If you cannot download the GBA4iOS app, set your iPhone’s clock back to before 2012. Download the app, then set it back.
- Make sure you tap on the Click Here when downloading the app to make sure that it downloads properly.
- Feel free to go through the GBA4iOS settings and tweak them.
Which classic games will you be playing first?