Heroes of the Storm has been a smash hit from Blizzard, with the MOBA going from strength to strength. There were, however, a wide range of grievances that fans have had around experiences and currencies that Blizzard has addressed with this massive overhaul. If you have lost interest in Heroes of the Storm (HOTS) then now is a great time to get back online.
RELATED: Overwatch Review
Here are just a few of the new features you can experience:
- Progression System Overhaul — Player level cap has been removed and transformed into the sum of all Hero levels gained, with even bigger rewards at levelling milestones
- Loot Chests — Packages containing random assortments of nearly every awesome reward in game, including Heroes themselves, are now received through progression or purchase
- Social & Customization Rewards — Loot Chests also contain new cosmetic rewards for Heroes, including emojis, voice lines, announcer packs, banners, and more
- New Hero: Genji — An augmented cyborg ninja whose agility and skill make him an exceptionally lethal threat, the new Overwatch-inspired Hero is an opportunistic, highly-mobile Assassin who can tear apart a weak backline
- New Battleground: Hanamura — The Overwatch-inspired two-lane Battleground is set within the sprawling grounds of Shimada Castle; Heroes must find victory through use of the map’s unique mercenaries, taking down the Mega Enforcer boss, and escorting the Payloads to victory
We are excited for all the changes and especially enjoying the Overwatch cross-overs as a fan of both games it’s really cool to see your favourite OW characters being represented in HOTS. If you want an in-depth look at the update check out this Blizzard developer diary that breaks down all the new changes:
Are you excited for the updates? Drop us a comment below and let us know if you’re playing.