Every now and then a device comes along that changes the way we look at a smartphone. This has not happened for a while now until we got our hands on Sony’s latest Xperia XZ Premium.

RELATED: Sony Xperia XZ Review

Coming in 1t R14,999 it is a very competitive price considering its stellar 4K HDR display, 23MP 960FPS slo-mo camera, and of course the 64GB internal storage. Sony Mobile is targeting a R599 per month contract range. The Xperia XZ Premium has already been awarded the best phone of the year, but why?

4K HDR Premium Display

Xperia XZ Premium

The Xperia XZ Premium has a truly magnificent display. Its 5.5-inch 4K HDR brings the award-winning Bravia TV technology to the small screen. It boasts its Triluminos engine that can produce over 138% more colour than a standard display. This makes pictures and content look vivid and realistic.

960FPS Slo-Mo Camera

Xperia XZ

The camera on the Xperia XZ Premium is something we have never seen before. With the ability to record slow motion video clips at a ridiculous 960FPS. That is 4 four times slower than any device on the market and really has to be seen to believe. Objects get slowed down beyond what the eye can see and thanks to the gorgeous camera quality, the images are sharp and the video output is flawless. It is truly one of the most advanced slo-mo experiences we have ever seen.

Smart Battery Life

Xperia XZ Premium

One issue we all face with our smartphones is the death of the battery due to overcharging. The Xperia Premium XZ features a smart battery that learns your charging patterns as well as your sleep patterns and charges the device accordingly. If you go to bed at 12AM and wake up up 6AM, the phone will charge up to 90% right before 5AM when you wake up and then charge the other 10% before you wake up and get out of bed.

Powerful Hardware

Xperia XZ Premium

The Xperia XZ Premium is the first device to include a gigabit per second Qualcomm Snapdragon CPU. No for real. It is the most powerful Android device on the market and thanks to the chip the Xperia XZ Premium has a two-day battery life, less heat, and the new internal heat dissipation allows for a cooler experience. The Xperia XZ Premium runs faster than any other Android device on the market.

Take a look at the full specs of the Xperia XZ Premium below to find out more about it. The Sony Xperia XZ Premium is available in SA now for the starting price of R15 000.

  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
  • 4GM RAM
  • IP68 Waterproofing
  • 29oo mAh Battery
  • 13 Megapixel front facing camera
  • 23MP back camera with 960FPS Super Slow Motion
  • 64GB internal storage expandable up to 245GB

How does the Sony Xperia XZ Premium look to you? Drop us a comment below and let us know if you’d be keen on getting a Sony Xperia XZ Premium.

RELATED: 5 Of The Worst Gadgets Of Our Time