A while back, Ben Affleck revealed that he will be hanging up his black cape, making way for another actor to portray the role of the new Batman.
The star, who gained major fame thanks to his part in the Twilight franchise, is now in negotiation talks with Warner Bros. to join the Matt Reeves movie. Matt Reeves took over the Batman project in early 2017 when Ben Affleck apparently decided to step down as both director and actor for the new movie.
If Robert Pattinson goes on to sign on as the new caped crusader, he will become the youngest actor to portray the role of Batman on the big screen at the age of 32. These are the actors who have previously portrayed the role of Bruce Wayne aka Batman on the big screen:
- Adam West (Batman, 1966);
- Michael Keaton (Batman, 1989 and Batman Returns, 1992);
- Val Kilmer (Batman Forever, 1995);
- George Clooney (Batman & Robin, 1997);
- Christian Bale (Batman Begins, 2005, The Dark Knight, 2008, and The Dark Knight Rises, 2012);
- Will Arnet (The LEGO Movie, 2014, The LEGO Batman Movie, 2017, and The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part, 2019); and
- Ben Affleck (Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, 2016, Suicide Squad, 2016 and Justice League, 2017).
The Batman movie is set to be released on 25 June 2021 and it looks like it has its main star now. The script is apparently still being ironed out, so plot details are non-existent at this stage for the Batman movie. So, we will have to wait for some more details.
RELATED: The 5 Richest Superheroes
What do you think of Robert Pattinson being Batman? Drop us a comment below and let us know.